Sopore, Feb 23,2021: To eradicate the drug menace completely from sopore. Sopore Police claims that they have arrested eight (08) more Drug Peddlers along with huge quantity of psychotropic substances in different areas of this north Kashmir town Sopore and the cases under relevant sections of NDPS Act stands registered in police station sopore.
Police official in a statement said that these notorious drug Peddlers/suppliers were involved in smuggling/supplying drugs to the most vulnerable section (youth) of society by providing drugs and making them addicts. In this connection following Cases vide FIR numbers are registered against these arrested drug paddlers and were identified as :
(1) Umar Farooq Sheikh S/O Farooq Ahmad Sheikh of Seloo. FIR No. 36/2021 U/S NDPS Act were registered.
(2) Muhammad Rafeeq Ganie S/O Ghulam Mohiudin Ganie of Ganaie Mohalla Dangarpora Sopore, FIR No. 41/2021 U/S 8/22, NDPS Act were registered.
(3) Sheikh Muzaffar Qadir S/O Ghulam Qadir Sheikh (4) Ab Rashid Sheikh S/O Abdul Aziz Sheikh (5) Muhammad Asif Naikoo S/O Gh Mohiudin Naikoo and (6) Ishfaq Ahmad Khaja S/O Ghulam Hassan Khaja all are residents of Seloo Sopore and FIR No. 43/2021 22, 29 NDPS Act were registered against them.
(7) Rameez Ahmad Mir S/O Ghulam Hassan Mir of Aadipora Sopore. FIR No. 44/2021 U/S 8/22 NDPS Act were registered.
(8) Basit Hassan Mir S/O Ghulam Hassan Mir of Changa Mohalla Arampora Sopore. FIR No. 45/2021 U/S 8/22 NDPS Act stands registered at Police Station Sopore and further investigation has been initiated.
A police official in a statement also told that Sopore Police has apprehended more than 90 notorious drug Peddlers since past two years and many were booked under PSA.